Last Updated: January 1, 2020
HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
INFORMATION JUKIN MAY COLLECT
“Personal Information” is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. Personal information we may collect include your name, mobile phone number, email address, and payment information (such as payment card number, security code, billing Zip code and expiration date). In addition, we may take Personal Information you provide to us and aggregate it with information of other users and customers. To the extent that we can still identify you with this aggregated information, we will treat it as Personal Information.
There are a number of ways in which you may provide us with and consent to our collection of certain information, some of which may include Personal Information. However, if you choose not to provide certain information, certain features of the Site or our services may not be available to you and some features may not function properly.
Information Provided by You:
By way of example, you may provide information, some of which may be Personal Information, in the following circumstances:
- Registration. If you choose to sign up on our Site, first and last name, mobile phone number, email address, payment card information and billing Zip code may be necessary to create your account (“Account”).
- Accessing the Site. If you have a registered Account and you want to use the Site, mobile phone number or email address may be necessary for us to authenticate your Account to use the services.
- Customer Service Inquiries. First and last name, mobile phone number, and email address may be necessary to provide this service, in addition to information in our system that you may need to verify and any other Personal Information you provide in your email or phone call to us so that our representatives can assist you.
- Product Feedback, Surveys, Reviews, Comments, and/or Input. As part of your input, you may be asked to provide your first and last name, address, or other Personal Information, and we may pull location and other information from your account.
- Email Message or Inquiry Forms. If you email an inquiry to us or fill out a form to receive additional information, we will use the contact information you provide to respond to your inquiry.
- Inquiries via Social Media. If you contact us via social media, including without limitation, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, we will have access to your social media handle and other information you post, and we may use that information to respond to your inquiry.
- Communications, Newsletters and Promotions. You will need to register on the Site if you want to access newsletters or information on special promotions.
- Notifications. You may request that information be sent to you. The contact information you provide will be used to send the information to your email address or other contact point. Notifications may also be sent through a Jukin owned or operated application.
- Email a Friend. If you request that information be sent to a friend, you are responsible for obtaining the consent of your friend to our use of the friend’s email address and other contact information for this purpose. We may also send a confirmation email to you.
- Engage with Interactive Advertising. You may submit data fields requested by interactive ads that are placed on the Site. We may share this information with our Ad Partners.
- Register for a contest, sweepstakes or other promotion. For example, you may provide your first and last name, phone number and home address, and we may be legally obligated to disclose this information if you win.
We may also collect certain information using automated methods, and some of this information, whether alone or combined with other data, may be Personal Information. Examples of automatically collected information include:
- Information about your device, device capabilities & device operating system
- Information about your browser
- Information about how you use the Site
- Your activities on the Site
- IP address
- Advertising identifiers
- Mobile or Internet Carrier
- Browser type and browser identifier
- Referring URL
- Language selection
- Device type
Viewed Content. If you stop watching a program on a particular device, the Site may provide the option for you to pick up the program where you left off when you launch the Site on a different device. To be able to do this, we must keep track of the content you have watched, when you watched the content, the point at which you stopped watching the content, make recordings of that content, and connect that information to your Account, along with identifying all devices you use in connection with your Account. The Site may also permit you to pause, rewind or fast-forward content. To be able to do this, we must make recordings of the content you are watching and connect that information with your Account.
Location Information. We may use various technologies to detect your general location, such as city or zip code.
INFORMATION JUKIN MAY SHARE
In order to provide a premiere level of service, Jukin works with various third party vendors, partners, advertisers and other service providers in different industries and types of business. Except as otherwise prohibited by Internet privacy legislation, Jukin may share information it collects from the Site to its trusted partners. Jukin may also share information if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary (i) to enforce the Terms of Service; (ii) to investigate, prevent or take action in connection with potential violations of the Terms of Service or any potentially fraudulent, threatening or illegal activities; (iii) to investigate, prevent or take action in connection with potential technical issues; (iv) to respond to claims that any such information violates the rights of others; (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Jukin, its affiliates, parent, subsidiaries, suppliers and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents and/or users of or visitors to the Site, and the public; (vi) to respond to court orders, subpoenas or otherwise exercise Jukin’s legal rights and/or defend against legal claims; and (vii) as otherwise required by any applicable law, regulation, or enforceable judicial, administrative or governmental request.
When your Personal Information is collected on the Site, it may be shared with selected third parties who assist us with our business operations, with the provision of the Site, with our marketing or advertising campaigns, or in delivering you the features and functionality that you have requested (“Third Party Processors”). These Third Party Processors include companies that send text messages or emails to authorize you to use the Site or Jukin services, process payment card information, and deliver materials to you via e-mail, for example. Third Party Processors are authorized to use the Personal Information that we provide to them to carry out the service they are providing for us, to manage, maintain, or improve their services, to combat fraud, or as required by law. We require the Third Party Processors to have reasonable measures in place to secure your Personal Information and maintain it so that it can be accessed when needed for future purposes. All such Third Party Processors are bound by us to keep the Personal Information confidential.
We may use your location to provide advertisements, offers and notices that are relevant to your geographic location and conduct analytics to improve the Site or Jukin's services. We may also use location information to confirm that you are in the geographic area where we are permitted to provide services. Location information may be combined with other data and may be shared with third parties as described in this section.
Platforms and Devices
We have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures intended to protect your data. Please understand, despite these efforts, we cannot guarantee the security of your information given the current state of the Internet. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. We cannot guarantee protection of all electronic information from interception, misappropriation, misuse or alteration. We cannot guarantee that your information will not be disclosed or accessed by accidental circumstances or the unauthorized acts of third parties.
Our Sites are not intended for children, and we will not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected the Personal Information of a child under 13 without verifiable consent, then we will use reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our databases. If you become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child without parental consent, please email us at [email protected]com or call us (323) 932-0960 promptly.
Information We Receive from Third Parties:
We may receive information about you (including Personal Information) from third parties. For example, if you are on another website and you opt-in to receive information from us, that website will forward to us your email address and other information about you so that we may contact you as requested. You may also choose to participate in a third party application or feature (such as one of our pages on Facebook or Twitter or another social platform or website) through which you allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, including Personal Information.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY; USER OBLIGATION TO PROTECT INFORMATION
NOTICE TO NON-UNITED STATES USERS
EUROPEAN UNION CITIZENS OR RESIDENTS
Please click HERE for additional privacy policies that may apply to you.
Please click HERE for additional privacy policies that may apply to you.